Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

To everything, turn, turn, turn

I had no idea when the song "turn, turn, turn" popped into my head just now it was from the Ecclesiastes passage "a time for every purpose under heaven..." The Byrds sure were singin' a good ole spiritual song straight from the Scriptures themselves.

While seasons of life might not always feel comfortable, sometimes almost unbearable, sometimes almost perfect, the pattern of the seasons, Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer, envelope us  in their sunny, blustery, freezing, beautiful embraces. Oh, the consistency. Oh, the foreknowledge.  Oh, God's grace to give us His seasons, His sameness.

Falling into His comfort as this Fall season begins. Chili, hot tea, apple pie, a stroll through the neighborhood square, a brisk morning walk through the park, the bundling up, the endless football, game night, children in their pj's going on about Halloween. Blessed.

Love the season you're in. Life won't always be the same as it is now. Fall will come back, though, Fall will return. I have no favorite season, what gives my soul rest is that they all will come, one by one, differing yet without fail.  While winter instills dread in so many hearts, I await it patiently. Oh, I want it to come, because it should come.

I like when things are as they should be. The seasons make me content, and contentment is hard to come by, these days.

Yours truly,

Content in Consistency, at least for today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are one of the best writers I know.

Emma Franklin said...

Thank you so much. So kind.

Post a Comment